- Notice the energy in the room, full of spinning anxieties and pain.
- Notice your sense of “there isn’t enough room for me,” and witness yourself shutting down.
- Notice how you disqualify your own emotional experience, invalidate yourself.
- Notice that you tell yourself you shouldn’t feel the way you feel, and that other people have it worse.
- Notice how you decide to put other people’s needs before your own, during a time in which you have valid needs.
- Notice how you do not get your own needs met because you put other people first.
- Notice how, on this evening, your action is not selflessness, but rather self-neglect.
- Notice your anger and resentment.